2017 MISSISSIPPI/ALABAMA ALL-STARS HAVE BEEN SELECTED!
The 2017 Mississippi/Alabama All-Star Basketball Games will be played Friday, March 17, 2017 at Dunn-Oliver Acadome on the campus of Alabama State University in Montgomery, AL.
Admission will be $10; MAC cards will be accepted.
- All-Star Basketball Player Nomination forms must be submitted by Wednesday, December 14. The Mississippi/Alabama All-Star Basketball Games are for Senior players only. Be sure to select the appropriate form!
- Basketball All-Stars will be announced Wednesday, January 11, 2017.
- All-Star Basketball Player Participation Forms must be submitted by Thursday, January 26.
- Mississippi/Alabama Basketball All-Stars will report to practice on Wednesday, March 15.
- 2017 MS/AL All-Star Basketball Games will be played Friday, March 17, 2017 at Dunn-Oliver Acadome on the campus of Alabama State University in Montgomery, AL.
- Girls' Game: 5:00 PM
- Boys' Game: 7:00 PM
Please feel free to contact our office if you have any questions.
MISSISSIPPI ASSOCIATION OF COACHES
P: 601-924-3020 F: 601-924-3050
Click the tabs to right to view Mississippi/Alabama All-Star Basketball information. →
Guidelines for MS/AL All-Star Basketball Games
I. Selection of Coaches:
- Must have been a member of the M.A.C. for at least three (3) consecutive years.
- Must have been a head high school basketball coach in a MHSAA school for at least three (3) years.
- Must have coached in the North/South All-Star Basketball Games.
- Can only coach in one all-star game per year.
- Must abide by the M.A.C. Code of Ethics.
- Must have demonstrated by past performance that he/she will fulfill all commitments he/she made concerning his/her all-star player(s) as required and specified to by the M.A.C.
- Recommendations for these All-Star Coaches come from M.A.C. Basketball Committee based on nomination forms submitted by individual coaches; final approval by the M.A.C. Executive Committee.
- The MS/AL Administrative Coach and Assistant Administrative Coach will be appointed by the M.A.C. Executive Director to be approved by the M.A.C. Executive Committee.
- There will be a Head Coach and Assistant Coach selected.
- The Head Coach must have served as an Assistant Coach in the MS/AL game in a previous year.
II. Selection of Players:
- Must be a senior who was eligible during his/her senior season and in good standing with the MHSAA.
- Must respond to all dated material by the date requested.
- Female players must not be pregnant.
- Must exhibit positive attitude to those in charge at all times.
- Male players cannot wear earrings. Female players cannot wear earrings in practices or games.
- Failure to compy with any of these guidelines will result in dismissal from team.
- A maximum of two players from MHSAA schools can be selected for the MS/AL game.