FOOTBALL ALL-STARS HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED!
FOR ALL-STARS ONLY:
Click the tabs to the right to electronically submit your Player Participation forms and to download your Ad Sales Packet & Reporting Instructions. Important dates are listed below for meeting times and deadlines.
- All-Star Football Nominations must be electronically submitted by Wednesday, September 20.
- Football All-Stars will be announced at the annual All-Star Football Press Conference on Wednesday, October 4 at 10:00 AM.
- Team Meetings will be held Sunday, October 8 at 1:00 PM.
- MS/AL Team: HealthPlex Performance Center (Madison, MS)
- All-Star Player Participation Forms must be submitted by Wednesday, October 11.
- MS/AL All-Star Football ads must be received in our office by Monday, November 13.
- Mississippi/Alabama Football All-Stars will report to practice on Monday, December 11.
- The Mississippi/Alabama All-Star Football Classic Banquet will be held at 6:00 PM on Friday, December 15 at Thad Cochran Center on the campus of the University of Southern Mississippi (121 W. Memorial Dr., Hattiesburg, MS).
- The 2017 Mississippi/Alabama All-Star Football Game will be played in Hattiesburg, MS on Saturday, December 16 at M.M. Roberts Stadium on the campus of the University of Southern Mississippi (118 College Dr., Hattiesburg, MS).
Guidelines for the MS/AL All-Star Football Classic
I. Selection of Coaches:
- Must have been a member of the M.A.C. for at least three (3) consecutive years.
- Must have been a head high school football coach in a MHSAA school for at least three (3) years.
- Head Coach must have been an On-the-field Assistant Coach for Mississippi in the game.
- Assistant Coaches must have coached in the Bernard Blackwell All-Star Football Classic.
- The Administrative Coach will be appointed by the M.A.C. Executive Director to be approved by the Executive Committee.
- Must abide by the M.A.C. Code of Ethics.
- Must have demonstrated by past performance that he will fulfill all commitments he made concerning his all-star player(s)/managers as required and specified to by the M.A.C.
- Must cooperate with the M.A.C. in the sale of tickets by purchasing the required amount.
- Recommendations for these All-Star Coaches come from M.A.C. Football Committee based on nomination forms submitted by individual coaches; final approval by the M.A.C. Executive Committee.
II. Selection of Players and Managers:
- Must be a senior graduating with his regular class and in good standing with MHSAA.
- Must respond to all dated material by the date requested.
- Must attend the Mini-Camp (if held) unless they have a valid reason. The valid reason must be approved in advance by the M.A.C. Executive Director only.
- Must exhibit positive attitude to those in charge at all times.
- Cannot wear earrings.
- Failure to comply with any of these guidelines will result in dismissal from team.
A. Selection of Players:
Forty (40) players will be chosen, which includes one (1) punter and one (1) kicker will be selected from MHSAA schools. Each of the eight (8) MHSAA districts must be guaranteed at least one (1) selection. Each of the six (6) MHSAA classifications must be guaranteed one (1) selection. There can be 3 players selected from the same school (limited to only 2 schools) except as replacement players with prior approval of the game manager.
The players will be selected by a Committee consisting of the seven (7) All-Star Coaches, and four (4) high school sportswriters. The Administrative Coach will be Chairman of the Committee and will vote only in case of a tie. For a player to be selected, he must receive a minimum of seven (7) votes.
The committee will also select no less than two (2) alternates in each position. The alternate list will be used for replacement of the players if needed. The 8-district and 6-classification rule does not have to be followed in selecting alternate players.
B. Selection of Managers:
The two (2) managers will be selected by the All-Star Coaches and the Administrative Coach. An All-Star Coach's son cannot be selected. Those selected must hold a valid drivers license. The manager will not be paid. Students already enrolled at colleges will not be considered.