2016 MISSISSIPPI/ALABAMA FOOTBALL ALL-STARS HAVE BEEN SELECTED!
FOR MISSISSIPPI/ALABAMA FOOTBALL ALL-STARS ONLY:
Click the tabs to the right to download your All-Star Player Participation Forms, Reporting Instruction Packet, and Ad Sales Packet. Please be sure to review the dates below for meeting times and deadlines.
The 2016 Mississippi/Alabama All-Star Football Game will be played in Montgomery, AL at Noon on Saturday, December 10.
Admission will be $10.
Important information for players and managers who were selected for the 2016 All-Star Football Games is listed below:
- All-Star Player Participation Forms (to be submitted online) & School Physical (fax to 601-924-3050) are due back by Wednesday, October 19.
- Team Meeting will be held at the HealthPlex Performance Center (Madison, MS) on Sunday, October 9 at 1 PM.
- Players will report Monday, December 5.
- The Mississippi/Alabama All-Star Football Classic Banquet will be held at 6:30 PM on Friday, December 9 at Cramton Bowl Multiplex (220 Hall Street, Montgomery, AL 36104).
- The 2016 Mississippi/Alabama All-Star Football Classic will be played at Noon on Saturday, December 10 in Montgomery, AL at Cramton Bowl (1022 Madison Ave., Montgomery, AL 36104).
Guidelines for the MS/AL All-Star Football Classic
I. Selection of Coaches:
- Must have been a member of the M.A.C. for at least three (3) consecutive years.
- Must have been a head high school football coach in a MHSAA school for at least three (3) years.
- Head Coach must have been an On-the-field Assistant Coach for Mississippi in the game.
- Assistant Coaches must have coached in the Bernard Blackwell All-Star Football Classic.
- The Administrative Coach will be appointed by the M.A.C. Executive Director to be approved by the Executive Committee.
- Must abide by the M.A.C. Code of Ethics.
- Must have demonstrated by past performance that he will fulfill all commitments he made concerning his all-star player(s)/managers as required and specified to by the M.A.C.
- Must cooperate with the M.A.C. in the sale of tickets by purchasing the required amount.
- Recommendations for these All-Star Coaches come from M.A.C. Football Committee based on nomination forms submitted by individual coaches; final approval by the M.A.C. Executive Committee.
II. Selection of Players and Managers:
- Must be a senior graduating with his regular class and in good standing with MHSAA.
- Must respond to all dated material by the date requested.
- Must attend the Mini-Camp (if held) unless they have a valid reason. The valid reason must be approved in advance by the M.A.C. Executive Director only.
- Must exhibit positive attitude to those in charge at all times.
- Cannot wear earrings.
- Failure to comply with any of these guidelines will result in dismissal from team.
A. Selection of Players:
Forty (40) players will be chosen, which includes one (1) punter and one (1) kicker will be selected from MHSAA schools. Each of the eight (8) MHSAA districts must be guaranteed at least one (1) selection. Each of the six (6) MHSAA classifications must be guaranteed one (1) selection. There can be 3 players selected from the same school (limited to only 2 schools) except as replacement players with prior approval of the game manager.
The players will be selected by a Committee consisting of the seven (7) All-Star Coaches, and four (4) high school sportswriters. The Administrative Coach will be Chairman of the Committee and will vote only in case of a tie. For a player to be selected, he must receive a minimum of seven (7) votes.
The committee will also select no less than two (2) alternates in each position. The alternate list will be used for replacement of the players if needed. The 8-district and 6-classification rule does not have to be followed in selecting alternate players.
B. Selection of Managers:
The two (2) managers will be selected by the All-Star Coaches and the Administrative Coach. An All-Star Coach's son cannot be selected. Those selected must hold a valid drivers license. The manager will not be paid. Students already enrolled at colleges will not be considered.