The 2023 Mississippi/Alabama All-Star Basketball Games will be played Saturday, March 11, 2023 at the Mitchell Center on the campus of the University of South Alabama in Mobile, AL.
Admission will be $10; MAC Cards will be accepted.
The 2023 MS/AL All-Star Basketball Games will be livestreamed through FNUTL.com. They will also be available through the MAC Network, Roku, AppleTV & Firestick.
- Coaching Record Update Forms must be electronically submitted by Wednesday, September 28.
- All-Star Basketball Coaches will be selected on Thursday, October 6.
- All-Star Basketball Player Nomination Forms must be electronically submitted by Wednesday, December 9, 2022. Please be sure to select the appropriate form!
- The Mississippi/Alabama All-Star Basketball Games are for Senior players only.
- The Mississippi Sports Medicine North/South All-Star Basketball Games are for Junior players only.
- Basketball All-Stars will be selected Monday, January 9, 2023.
- All-Star Basketball Player Participation Forms must be submitted by Wednesday, January 18.
- Mississippi/Alabama Basketball All-Stars will report at 11 AM on Thursday, March 9. Reporting Instructions will be available 2 weeks prior to game day; be sure to check the website at that time to download them.
- The 2023 Mississippi/Alabama All-Star Basketball Games will be played Saturday, March 11, 2023 at the Mitchell Center on the campus of the University of South Alabama in Mobile, AL. Admission will be $10 (good for both games); MAC Cards will be accepted.
- Girls' Game: 12:00 PM
- Boys' Game: 2:00 PM
Please feel free to contact our office if you have any questions.
MISSISSIPPI ASSOCIATION OF COACHES
P: 601-924-3020 F: 601-924-3050
Click the tabs to right to view Mississippi/Alabama All-Star Basketball information. →
Guidelines for MS/AL All-Star Basketball Games
I. Selection of Coaches:
• Must be a current member of the M.A.C.
• Must have been a member of the M.A.C. for at least three (3) consecutive years.
• Must have been a head high school basketball coach in a MHSAA school for at least three (3) years.
• Must have coached in the North/South All-Star Basketball Games.
• Can only coach in one all-star game per year.
• Must abide by the M.A.C. Code of Ethics.
• Must have demonstrated by past performance that he/she will fulfill all commitments he/she made concerning his/her all-star player(s) as required and specified to by the M.A.C.
• Recommendations for these All-Star Coaches come from M.A.C. Basketball Committee based on nomination forms submitted by individual coaches; final approval by the M.A.C. Executive Committee.
• The MS/AL Administrative Coaches will be appointed by the M.A.C. Executive Director to be approved by the M.A.C. Executive Committee.
• There will be a Head Coach and Assistant Coach selected.
• The Head Coach must have served as an Assistant Coach in the MS/AL game in a previous year.
II. Selection of Players:
• Must be a senior who was eligible during his/her senior season.
• Must be in good standing with MHSAA, MAC, respective school & coaching staff.
• Must respond to all dated material by the date requested.
• Female players must not be pregnant.
• Must exhibit positive attitude to those in charge at all times.
• Male & Female players cannot wear earrings in practices or game.
• A maximum of two players from MHSAA schools can be selected for the MS/AL game.
** A player or coach may be dismissed from the All-Star team at any time by the MAC Executive Director for not complying with these guidelines.
III. To be eligible for selection, all player nominations must be electronically submitted on the M.A.C. website five working days before the date of the Selection Committee Meeting.