BASKETBALL ALL-STARS HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED!
The 2018 Mississippi/Alabama All-Star Basketball Games will be played Friday, March 16, 2018 at A.E. Wood Coliseum on the campus of Mississippi College in Clinton, MS.
Admission will be $10; MAC cards will be accepted.
- Coaching Record Update Forms must be electronically submitted by Thursday, September 28.
- All-Star Basketball Coaches will be selected on Thursday, October 5.
- All-Star Basketball Player Nomination forms must be submitted by Wednesday, December 13. The Mississippi/Alabama All-Star Basketball Games are for Senior players only. Be sure to select the appropriate form!
- Basketball All-Stars will be announced Wednesday, January 10, 2018.
- All-Star Basketball Player Participation Forms must be submitted by Thursday, January 25.
- Ads must be received in our office by Thursday, February 8.
- Mississippi/Alabama Basketball All-Stars will report at 1:30 PM on Wednesday, March 14 to Cabot Lodge (120 Dyess Rd., Ridgeland, MS – Phone: 601-957-0757). Reporting Instructions will be available 2 weeks prior to game day; be sure to check the website at that time to download them.
- 2018 MS/AL All-Star Basketball Games will be played Friday, March 16 at A.E. Wood Coliseum on the campus of Mississippi College in Clinton, MS. The Coliseum parking lot is located on Highway 80 between Springridge Road (I-20 Exit 36) and Clinton-Raymond Road (I-20 Exit 35). Admission will be $10 (good for both games); MAC Cards will be accepted.
- Girls' Game: 5:00 PM
- Boys' Game: 7:00 PM
Please feel free to contact our office if you have any questions.
MISSISSIPPI ASSOCIATION OF COACHES
P: 601-924-3020 F: 601-924-3050
Click the tabs to right to view Mississippi/Alabama All-Star Basketball information. →
Guidelines for MS/AL All-Star Basketball Games
I. Selection of Coaches:
- Must have been a member of the M.A.C. for at least three (3) consecutive years.
- Must have been a head high school basketball coach in a MHSAA school for at least three (3) years.
- Must have coached in the North/South All-Star Basketball Games.
- Can only coach in one all-star game per year.
- Must abide by the M.A.C. Code of Ethics.
- Must have demonstrated by past performance that he/she will fulfill all commitments he/she made concerning his/her all-star player(s) as required and specified to by the M.A.C.
- Recommendations for these All-Star Coaches come from M.A.C. Basketball Committee based on nomination forms submitted by individual coaches; final approval by the M.A.C. Executive Committee.
- The MS/AL Administrative Coach for each team will be appointed by the M.A.C. Executive Director to be approved by the M.A.C. Executive Committee.
- There will be a Head Coach and Assistant Coach selected.
- The Head Coach must have served as an Assistant Coach in the MS/AL game in a previous year.
II. Selection of Players:
- Must be a senior who was eligible during his/her senior season and in good standing with the MHSAA.
- Must respond to all dated material by the date requested.
- Female players must not be pregnant.
- Must exhibit positive attitude to those in charge at all times.
- Male players cannot wear earrings. Female players cannot wear earrings in practices or games.
- Failure to compy with any of these guidelines will result in dismissal from team.
- A maximum of two players from MHSAA schools can be selected for the MS/AL game.