Mr. Football Winners for 2017 announced
CLINTON, MS - Wednesday, November 8
Six of Mississippi’s outstanding players have been selected as “Mr. Football” in their respective classifications in partnership with the New Orleans Saints, the Mississippi Association of Coaches and the Mississippi High School Activities Association.
The Mississippi Mr. Football selections for 2017:
• Class 1A: Marquez Pam, Simmons High School
• Class 2A: Don Ragsdale, Pisgah High School
• Class 3A: Kenny Gainwell, Yazoo County High School
• Class 4A: Cole Smith, Pontotoc High School
• Class 5A: Marcus Murphy, West Point High School
• Class 6A: Jett Johnson, Tupelo High School
The winners of the second annual awards were chosen Wednesday by a committee made up of high school coaches and media members from across the state. Each player will be recognized at the second annual banquet November 30th at Oxford. The Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Mississippi Gridiron Classic State Football Championships are set for December 1st and 2nd at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium on the University of Mississippi campus in Oxford.