Mississippi Mr. Football Awards announced for 2022
CLINTON, MS - Thursday, November 10
Recipients of the annual Mississippi Mr. Football award were selected on Thursday, November 10, in each of the Mississippi High School Activities Association’s six classifications in conjunction with the Mississippi Association of Coaches. The winners were selected by a committee of high school coaches and members of the media state-wide.
In order of classification, the 2022 Mississippi Mr. Football award winners follow:
- Class 1A: Ty Jones – RB/LB, Bay Springs, Senior
- Class 2A: Austin Goss – QB, Scott Central, Senior
- Class 3A: Suntarine Perkins – RB/LB, Raleigh, Senior
- Class 4A: Isaac Smith – RB/DB, Itawamba, Senior
- Class 5A: Dante Dowdell – RB, Picayune, Senior
- Class 6A: Bray Hubbard – QB, Ocean Springs, Senior
More information about awards presentations will be shared in the coming days in advance of the 2022 Blue Shield Blue Cross of Mississippi Gridiron Classic MHSAA Football State Championships, which will be played at M.M. Roberts Stadium on the campus of Southern Miss in Hattiesburg on December 2-3.